Documentation Editing and Contribution
Editing the documentation is pretty simple if you are familiar with Markdown.
If you want to make simple edits to a page (changes that do not require formatting or images) and you’re not an approver.
- Click the
Edit this pagelink at the top right of the documentation page you want to edit.
- You’ll be redirected to an editor, make your changes there and click
Propose file change.
- Your changes will be reviewed, make any adjustments and submit.
If you’re adding a new page, changing the landing page, or making substantial changes.
- Check out the repository.
- Create a branch via
git checkout -b mychange upstream/master.
make run-siteto start the webserver. It’ll be hosted on http://localhost:8080/.
- Open your favorite editor and navigate to the documentation which is stored at
- Make your changes and run
git commit -mand
- Follow the Github Pull Request workflow to submit your changes.
This site and documentation are built with a combination of Hugo, static site generator, with the Docsy theme for open source documentation.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.